17-0321 Cybersecurity Engineer
Celeris is seeking a motivated and experienced cybersecurity professional to join our team of diverse Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experts. Our SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support to Air Force programs. As a member of our cybersecurity team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Air Force personnel and system developers to ensure secure communications.
- Implement Cybersecurity best practices for Space-based information systems and networks.
- Verify adherence to all applicable Air Force, DoD, and National Security System (NSS) Cybersecurity policies over the full system lifecycle.
- Conduct reviews, manage documentation, and take necessary actions to ensure that mission systems achieve and maintain a positive Authorization to Operate (ATO) status under the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Assess cybersecurity implications for all proposed and implemented technical baseline changes. Brief organizational leadership on status and concerns, then recommend Courses of Action (COAs). Ensure that changes are implemented securely, without degradation or disruption to critical mission operations.
- Provide Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expertise to help government personnel assess policy changes and formulate responses to higher headquarters USAF and DoD Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering or related technical degree.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the Information Assurance (IA) or Cybersecurity (CS) field.
- Ability to meet DoD 8570.01-M certification requirements for IA Management or IA Technical Level 1 (at a minimum) within 180 days of joining Engility.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and implementation of RMF, how it impacts the development, deployment, and secure operation of DoD IT systems.
- Expertise in vulnerability identification and risk analysis for IT systems.
- Proficiency analyzing Security Controls Assessment (SCA) reports, prioritizing findings, and creating mitigation plans.
- Some experience assessing and implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical personnel, organizational management, and government counterparts to ensure that important mission decisions are made with a clear understanding of cyber considerations.
- Current certification in CISSP.
- Additional desirable certifications include GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CEH, Network+, Security+, CCNA, CPT and CCNP.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft and UNIX/Linux Operating Systems.
- Proficiency with computer programming languages and scripting for Unix/Linux or Windows based systems.
- Hands-on use of IA/CS tools like Wireshark, SCAP, ACAS, Nessus and Kali Linux Security Suite.
- Experience implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Implementation Guides (STIGs) for IA controls, crafting detailed mitigation plans, assessing implementation.
Relocation Expense: Not included
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Address of Work Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or if you would like additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Celeris Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Competitive benefits package
- Strong entrepreneurial values
- Exposure to clients and firm leaders
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Strong, growing business