17-308 Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
Celeris is seeking a motivated and experienced cybersecurity professional to join our team of diverse Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experts. Our SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support to Air Force programs. As a member of our cybersecurity team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Air Force personnel and system developers to ensure secure communications.
- Lead the Information Assurance team; ensure that Cybersecurity best practices are implemented for space system information systems and networks.
- Provide expertise in the process to attain and sustain positive Authorization to Operate (ATO) status for customer systems under the Risk Management Framework (RMF). Conduct Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) reviews for artifacts and system configurations. Verify adherence to applicable USAF, DoD, and National Security System (NSS) cyber policies. Document findings, and present recommendations for remediation, as appropriate.
- Evaluate Cybersecurity implications for all proposed and implemented technical baseline changes. Brief Cybersecurity Integrated Product Teams (IPT) on cyber concerns and how changes will impact the security and compliance status of the system. Identify measures for risk mitigation and recommend potential Courses of Action (COAs).
- Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements of the Clinger-Cohen Act (CCA), as described in DoDi 5000.02, Operation of the Defense Acquisition System. Verify that system Cybersecurity Strategy (CSS) and CCA packages are complete, encompassing all applicable program and policy requirements.
- Drive Knowledge-Sharing activities on mission-relevant Cybersecurity topics. Provide high-level overviews as well as detailed technical instruction to customers and internal SE&I teams to elevate the common understanding key cyber issues.
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering or related technical field.
- 12+ years of professional experience in the Information Assurance (IA) or Cybersecurity (CS) field.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- CISSP Certification or equivalent, as listed in DoD 8570.01-M certification requirements for IA Management or IA Technical Level III.
- Expertise in vulnerability identification and risk analysis for IT systems.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and implementation of RMF, how it impacts the development and secure operation of DoD IT systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical personnel, organizational management, and government counterparts to ensure that important mission decisions are made with a clear understanding of cyber considerations.
- Additional certifications in areas such as vulnerability assessment, risk management, audit, or encryption methods.
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience with the application of requirements under RMF (DIACAP)
- Expertise in implementation of Cybersecurity throughout the Systems Development lifecycle
- Experience working for DoD Acquisition Programs; writing and verifying implementation of Cybersecurity requirements
- Understanding of space systems in general, GPS space systems in particular, with regard to secure signal transmissions and the operation of control systems and receivers.
Relocation Expense: Not included
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Address of Work Location: El Segundo, CA
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or if you would like additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Celeris Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Competitive benefits package
- Strong entrepreneurial values
- Exposure to clients and firm leaders
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Strong, growing business